Sunday, October 18, 2009

Empire of the sun

This better-than-average Spielberg movie features Christian Bale as Jamie, a privileged 12-year-old boy in 1940s Shanghai, who struggles to survive when he finds himself separated from his parents as the Japanese invade China.
At the beginning of the movie, there is a scene where Jamie tells his father that he thinks they are "Awfully lucky."
This scene is ill-boding in light of what's to follow, but hey, check out the great cardigan that Jamie's dad is wearing!





Doesn't it look just like the Baby Sophisticate cardi? (check out my version here).
Another very similar-looking cardi is Smokin' by Jared Flood, published in

1 comment:

  1. I just found you, by linking from your comment on Bygone Knits. I love all things vintage, and especially movies. When I am at home, Turner Classic Movies is my constant companion, unless Fox Movie Channel has something better on. I love to knit, but am not very sophisticated or prolific. Currently OTN is a popcorn stitch stole, inspired by a classic pattern. Planning to blog about it soon.
    I'll be watching this blog with interest.
    Keep it up!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete